Sunday 23 February 2014

Fab at 50!

This week I took delivery of  some more graph'it markers and brush nibs along with the colouring secrets dvd by Nikky Hall. Those of you who know me, know I'm not a very confident colourer innerer but even I can't deny how much I've improved since switching to graph'it markers and I think I can honestly say this is my favourite card I've made to date. I just hope the recipient approves.


The image used is a digi from the awesome Fredericka CD Rom and I coloured the skin, with, 4125, 4145, 4155, hair with, 1210, 1230, 1250, 1270, 1280 and her dress with 5110, 5115, 5120 and 5125. Her clutch bag, eyes and lipstick were coloured using wink of stella glitter markers and a smidge of glossy accents on the glass. I then outlined the whole image with 7125 to make it pop!

Okay, then I got stuck ...... the image was so classy I couldn't think how to turn it into a card. Then my friend Jan text me to remind me that Sue Wilson was doing a 2 hour tool shed show on createandcraft.tv today (Sunday 23rd Feb) I'm so grateful as one of the demo's suited my image beautifully. I used a piece of matching pink card and stamped a rose design all over it (from a previous copy of polkadoodles pen & paper circle magazine). I then stuck a double sided adhesive sheet to the card, peeled off the backing and dipped in iridescent glitter. That was then matted onto some contrasting blue card before sticking to my card base I wrapped some ribbon around and added 4 die cut corners from spellbinders majestic elements.

All that was left to do was add a bow, gemstone and a tattered lace flourish. The greeting is on classic sentiments from creative expressions, I heat embossed it and cut out using spellbinders, labels twenty die and inked using Tim Holtz, spun sugar, distress ink. 

I really hope Jacqui likes her card although I'm not sure when to give it to her as it's her birthday on February 29th - imagine not having a 50th birthday? Sounds ideal to me! So all that's left for me to say is Happy 12½th Birthday Jacqui St Pierre x



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Bev and you should be a confident colourer innner as that image looks amazing hun! Hope you're having a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete